Thursday, March 30, 2017

CLASSIC SABRE JET FROM AIRFIX


YOUTUBER TOM GRIGAT"S stop-frame video builds are hypnotically excellent. And here's another one for you, of the Airfix 1:72 scale F-86F Sabre.


SMN report: In Tom's words: "...would like to present my recent little clip of a beautiful aircraft. It was a birthday present of my friend Pete Domm and I hope he'll like it... "

Tom Grigat adds: "...For the entire body I used a combination of Alclad II alu coatings and Uschi van der Rosten metal pigments, varnished with aqua gloss. Unfortunately I was impatient with some parts of the fuselage coating so I left some fingerprints on it. I see it as a hint how to avoid these damages next time and I'll train how to be more patient - I promise ;-)"

We say: Tom, thanks for the brilliant videography - and the model's not so dusty either!